The Church

Construction of the Neo-Gothic style St. Mark’s church building was commenced in 1892 and the first service was held in it in April 1893.
The church was constructed using rusticated limestone with red brick quoins and features rendered parapets at the gable end.
St. Mark’s is the Mornington Peninsula’s third oldest Anglican stone church and is only pre-dated by St. John’s in Sorrento (1874) and St. Andrew’s in Rye (1882).
A Narthex (entry foyer) was added in 1981, requiring demolition of the then Vestry.
A transportable building was installed in 2012 adjacent to the Narthex. It is affectionately referred to as ‘Mark’s Place’.